Friday, October 22, 2010

We are excited to show you a simple {Tutorial} today!
We hope this will be {one} of many ideas we are able to share with you.

Anyone have kids that like to dress themselves?
Kids that would like to wear {WHATEVER} they want?
Well we've got 2 of them runnin' around {...well Tiffany does, I'm just the favorite aunt :)}

We've come up with a simple way to organize outfits in order to make {your} life easier.

An easy way to pick out clothes {ahead} of time.

Days of the week, hooks, and hangers.
{And cute clothes}

Now I will warn you ahead of time....
I'm slightly OCD.
You are welcome to {eyeball} the letters but I feel better knowing that they are
{perfectly} level.
On a blank wall {mine was about 6' wide}, I placed blue painters tape across the wall.
One strip as high as I wanted the {top} row to be and another one approx 14" below that.
Remember...you may want to put the {top} row low enough
that your child can reach the hanger.

Then across that blue tape I drew a level line.

I staggered the {days} across the blue tape making sure they were evenly spaced.
Then rip off the excess tape. Leaving a small piece under each {day}.


Place each {day} so that the bottom on the word is along your "level" line.


Then of course, make sure it is {level}.
See, I told you I was a bit OCD.


Lift up the {day} without pulling it off the wall and remove your level line.


Now we have all of our days {level}.


Now comes the {fun} part!
Before we start sticking things to the wall, make sure your vinyl is pressed well onto the transfer tape by rubbing it with a vinyl applicator or a {credit card}.

Lift up the vinyl without pulling your tape off.

{Slowly} begin to pull the backing paper at an angle.
If the vinyl is not stuck to the transfer tape completely, place the backing paper
back over it and rub a little more.

Pull {slowly} until all the backing paper is removed.

While firmly pulling down at opposite corners
{but not too hard!}
adhere your vinyl to the wall.

Again, rub the surface of the vinyl to make sure all edges are stuck to the wall.

Roll the {transfer tape} back slowly, making sure the vinyl is attached to the wall,
until all of the transfer tape is removed.


{Ta-Da!}

Rinse and Repeat!
Well...just {repeat} on the remaining days.

Attach removable hooks and {cute} hangers.
BTW..those hangers are easy and so fun to make!
Wouldn't they make a cute {baby shower} present?
Matching hangers for all your hand-made clothes.
I'll show you how to make those {tomorrow}.

Here's the finished product.
{Cute} and functional.
Takes all the hassle {out} of deciding what to wear!

Only thing left to do...
hang some {clothes}.


I'm thinking I might need one of these!
I could get {ready} so much faster in the mornings if I didn't have to decide what to wear!
In fact, my Mr. Fix All husband could use one of these...
but shhhhhh don't tell him I said that :)

Here is {Miss H's} very own dressing room.
On Sunday nights she gets to pick out {or at least help}
her clothes for the following week.


As always...{Blooming Words} products are fully customizable.
So head on over to our website and create your {own}!

-Ashley

{phone} 916-872-0739
Now on Facebook!

No comments: